Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coastal Trip and New Roving

For my hubby's birthday today I took him to Bandon, OR. It's a cute little coastal town about 2 hours from where we live. We went to a bunch of little shops, ate way too many sweets at Cranberry Sweets (http://www.cranberrysweets.com/ they have the best fruit pate) where they have a bunch of free samples out (We bought some from them, too).

I also made a little trip to a yarn store there, since we don't have any where I live. They had a bunch of roving. Since it was my husbands birthday I didn't go too crazy with buying... I only bought 4 ounces of a merino wool that was dyed purple and silver. It is so pretty and I can't wait to spin it! I want to go back at my birthday, so I can go a little crazier and get some of the other pretty roving that they have.



We walked on the beach while we were there. When we started our walk it was a bit windy, not raining though. We got about 1/2 mile from our car and of course we got caught in a torrential downpour. My pants were soaked through and through. After we got back to the car we decided to go back to one of the shops and buy new pants for the 2 hour drive back home. The sales lady made me feel so good about myself. She asked if I wore a medium or large. About 3 months ago I would have been in a XXL. The large pants fit me, though and I was soooo excited and happy. (I've lost about 45 pounds due to being on Atkins since 1/20/2010, gone from 242 to 198).

Overall it was a great day and we had so much fun!

1 comment:

Claire MW said...

Love that purple and silvery roving. That will spin up just beautifully!

Congrats on your weight loss. I need to do the same thing! It's hard to lose weight when I'm working full time, attending law school part time, and tending the farm. It means that I eat on-the-go a lot. Maybe I should try Atkins.