Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sleepless Nights = Odd Designs

For the past week I have had an odd sleeping schedule. I haven't been able to get to sleep until 4 or 5 am, then I'm sleeping until about 1pm. Luckily my part time job is in the evening and I can do crafts at any hour. Well these past few nights I have spent time trying to design a great fire dance costume for summer performances. I keep coming up with designs for the top and then the next day realizing they won't work because of a)fringe b)material type c)looseness.

I keep designing thinking of metallic materials that reflect light well, and then remembering how flammable those are. Fringe would be horrible because I am spinning poi and what if I lose control for a second... Fringe would catch fire quick. My last design was very cute, and I still might try to make it, however it goes from a tight chest area to a very loose hip area, so again no good for fire dancing. Well... I will just have to keep thinking about an idea for a top and hopefully something cute & functional will come to me.

So, now I'm thinking that I need to restart my sleep schedule soon. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

No comments: