Friday, April 23, 2010

Want to Learn how to Dye

I've been researching some information on wool dying recently and I believe it's time to take the plunge and try it. I bought a pound of wool from the Sheep Shed Studio for a fantabulous price. (With shipping it was less than $20 for a whole pound!). I am trying to figure out what brand of acid dye I want to get, I'm thinking the jacquard dye will be the best, and on amazon it's at a pretty good price.

I originally was buying the wool to make hair falls with, but I'm thinking I will have to try spinning some of it too. I've only used my spinning wheel 3 or 4 times since I bought it over a year ago, so I think it's time to practice some more and home dyed wool will be great to practice with!

I'll post the results of my science project up here after I finish. I'm really excited about it and hope that it works!

No comments: