Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feeding the 'Pacas

Yesterday I went out to feed the alpacas and decided to spend some quality time with them. I gave them some extra pellets and lots of loving. I have 2 that let me pet them and 3 that run away when I try. Kodiak, who rarely lets me get close to him decided he wanted the extra pellets that I had in my hand, and he came over to me and ate right out of my hand! I was amazed. I'm going to try again this afternoon and have my hubby come out with the camera to take pictures. Plus I want to put Shiloh back on his leash and get pics of that, too. It will be an alpaca afternoon. So exciting.

Oh, and my body is feeling so much better! I have lost nearly 50 pounds on a variation of the Atkin's diet. (Well, I did the induction phase for 2 months, but then decided I wanted fruits and potatoes back in my diet, so added them back in.) My period went away on its own, no pills needed and I think it's getting back on track. We will find out at the end of this month, if I start again or if I will need to go back on the pill to make me regular. I'm hoping for no pill, I get depressed and tired on it. No pill = more energy and happier me. :) That is all for now. If I get pictures taken I will post those later!

No comments: